On behalf of the Study Group on Diabetes and Nutrition of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD), we would like to welcome You to the DNSG 2018, 36th Symposium On Diabetes and Nutrition, Opatija, Croatia, - June 2018.
Our goal is once again to bring together international scientists, physician and dietitians to present latest findings in fields of diabetes and nutrition through plenary lectures, panel discussions, oral and poster abstract presentations.
It gives us pleasure to invite You to send abstracts on related topics listed in preliminary scientific programme. The conference will be held in Opatija located in the Kvarner Bay. Opatija is situated below the mountain and nature Park Učka. Beautiful nature, parks, old Austro-Hungarian villas, promenades and beaches have attracted people from all around the world for more than 160 years. The most recognisable symbol of Opatija is the statue of Maiden with the seagull, elegantly standing on the reef beside Lungomare promenade and welcomes all visitors and tourists inviting them to remember Opatija and its charm.
With this invitation we look forward to welcoming you at this symposium in Opatija, Croatia in June 2018.
—the organizing program committee
Asst.Prof. Dario Rahelić, MD PhD
Prof. Ulf Riserus, MD PhD
The Symposium will take place at the Grand Hotel 4 opatijska cvijeta, Ul. Viktora cara Emina 6, 51410, Opatija
For Registration, Abstract handling, Sponsoring, Hotel Accommodation, Travel, Social Events, Pre & Post Tours please contact:
Preliminary Scientific Programme
- A Food-based Approach to “Healthy Carbohydrates” in Diabetes
- Low Calorie Sweeteners and Microbiome: Implications for Diabetes
- The Role of Oat Fibre in Diabetes
- Nuts in the Prevention of Diabetes and its Complications
- Diabetes and Ramadan
- Oral Presentations
- Poster Presentations
- General Assembly Meeting
Including full program (Accommodation, Sessions & Social Program)
|Supplement for Single Room||230,00€|
|Supplement for Non-DNGS Members||100,00€|
Special Rate for accompanying persons
|Companions’ Premium Package Euro|
Including Accommodation and Social Programme
|Companions’ Light Package Euro|
Including Accommodation only
Hotel rooms in different categories would be reserved located by the Symposium venue. It is anticipated that the hotel situation will be very tight during the Congress. It is, therefore, advisable to reserve rooms as early as possible. Rooms will be allocated on a first come first served basis. Initially, for the Symposium purposes would be available in Grand Hotel 4 Opatijska cvijeta.
Instructions for Authors
Abstract submission deadline: April 15th, 2018
- The Organizing Committee welcomes abstracts on all topics related to the Symposium.
- Please save the abstract as a Microsoft Word document and name it with the family name of the presenting author and write “abstract – family name of the presenting author”.
- Abstracts must be written in English and should not exceed 300 words (the length of the abstract is maximum one page).
- Abstracts should be structured into 4 sections: (I.) Objective, (II.) Methods, (III.) Results, (IV.) Conclusions.
- Please use a concise title typed in UPPER CASE, indicating the content of the abstract. Please avoid using abbreviations in the title.
- Please use for the title of the abstract: Arial 14 p, bold
- For listing the authors and their organizations/institutions, the contact address and e-mail of the presenting author: Arial 12 p, italic
- Please underline the name of the presenting author.
- For words that are abbreviated, please use the whole term the first time, followed by the abbreviation in parentheses.
- For the abstract text: Times New Roman 12 p
- Save the complete form containing the abstract as a Microsoft Word document and submit it electronically as an e-mail attachment to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Presenting authors under 40 years of age are eligible to participate in the Young Investigator Award and the Travel Grant. The award / travel grant will be awarded by the award committee based on the quality of the submitted abstract and the presentation during the symposium. The interest in the Young Investigator Award / Travel Grand is asked to be indicated when submitting the abstract.